IT systems receive a torrent of attacks every minute in the UK, which is why cyber security is becoming a top priority for business.
According to the most recent ‘Cyber Security Breaches Survey, 24% of all businesses detected more than one cyber security breach in the last 12 months, costing small businesses around £3,000 on average per breach and £36,500 for large businesses.
The most costly single breach to a business cost £3 million.
There are precautions businesses can take (see Cyber Security Steps below) however, according to industry analysts, businesses now need more than just a basic level of security to protect against today’s advanced threats and to prevent data loss.
• Phishing - email scams aimed at obtaining personal and financial information from the recipient
• Spear phishing - the use of personalised communication, notionally from someone known to the receiver, to deceptively obtain personal and financial information from the receiver
• Malware - damaging software such as Trojans, worms, viruses, spyware, ransomware, root kits, key loggers etc
• Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks - inundation of Internet traffic from a number of sources which overwhelm systems making them unusable
Cyber Threat Assessment Programme
The Cyber Threat Assessment Programme will validate your network’s current security accuracy and monitor key indicators within your network.
After several days of gathering network information, a Cyber Threat Assessment report will tell you:
• How effective your current network security is
• How applications and web resources are used within your network
• How your network security can be optimised
If you would like to talk to someone about an assessment on your network please contact us.
Schools Broadband is accredited with Cyber Essential Plus click here for more information.
What is it?
What does it contain?
If you would like to check your netowrk's current security level, to see how your network is being used, Talk Straight's Cyber Threat Assessment Programme will monitor key threat indicators.
After several days of gathering network information, you will receive a Cyber Threat Assessment Report detailing:
- How effective your current network security is
- How applications and web resources are used within your network
- How your network security can be optimised
This service is offered free of charge.